- 480g chickpea flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1⁄2tsp fine sea salt
- 3-4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4tbsp yoghurt, kefir or lemon juice
- 300g Tenderstem broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g walnuts, soaked
- 150g Gorgonzola, roughly chopped
For the flatbreads (optional additional flavouring)
- 2tbsp fresh herbs such as parsley, oregano, rosemary or thyme
- 1tsp spices such as chilli powder, ground cumin, cumin seeds, ground coriander, paprika, ground turmeric, fennel seeds, za’atar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Put the flour and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Add 570ml of water, 2tbsp of the oil and the yoghurt, kefir or lemon juice, and whisk until combined with no lumps. Set aside, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 230C/ 450F/Gas 8. Sprinkle a baking tray with chickpea flour. Heat 2tbsp of the oil in large frying pan over a medium heat. Pour 240ml of the pizza batter into the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes until it lifts easily. Flip over onto the other side and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
Put the flatbread on the baking tray and repeat until you have 4 flatbreads, adding oil as needed. Top each flatbread with broccoli and walnuts, then add the Gorgonzola. Bake for 7-8 minutes until the cheese has melted and the broccoli and walnuts are beginning to brown.