Skip to content
- 3 cups of ice.
- 2 cups of whole milk (skim, 2 percent, and dairy-free milks can also be substituted).
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup.
- 3 hot cocoa packets.
- Whipped cream.
- Chocolate shavings.
- Garnish: chocolate syrup.
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Create the chocolate shavings ahead of time. Use whatever kind of chocolate you wish. It’s easiest to create the shavings from a bar of chocolate. Use a grater or special chocolate shaver to create the shavings.
- Add the ice, whole milk, chocolate syrup, and hot chocolate packets to a blender. Use a blender that can easily crush ice or make smoothies. Crush until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the rim of four glasses so that the syrup will drip down the sides. Pour the frozen hot chocolate into each glass. Top each glass with a generous amount of whipped cream. Sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the top of the whipped cream and serve with a straw immediately!