For the Eyeballs
- Kalamata olives
- Small mozzarella balls (
ciliegine, or cherry-sized)
For the Bloody Mary:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Garnish: Celery
For the Rim:
- Lemon wedge
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Steps to Make It
Note: while there are multiple steps to this recipe, the Halloween Bloody Mary is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for preparation and cooking.
- Gather the ingredients.
Make the Eyeballs
- Cut the kalamata olives into small circles. You will need one little circle for each eyeball, so make sure to choose the best-looking one.
- Cut a circle into each mozzarella ball and press the piece of olive inside so it sticks. Make as many as you wish. Skewer them onto long toothpicks or
Make the Bloody Mary
- Place the vodka, tomato juice, celery salt, black pepper, paprika, chopped jalapeno, cayenne pepper, horseradish, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice, place the top on, and shake vigorously.
Prepare the Rim
- Take the lemon wedge and rub it on the edge of the glass that you wish to serve the bloody Mary in.
- Mix together the salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish until completely combined. Dip the rim of the glass into the salt mixture so that the edge is completely coated.
- Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the
salt rimmedglass. Garnish with the celery and the prepared eyeballs.
- Serve with extra lemon wedges if desired.